Sunday, January 16, 2011

90!!!

if you count my days, today is my 90th day sober...if you do it by date, then tuesday will be my 90th...i count the days right now...so YEAH!! 90 days of sobriety. highs and lows all over the place, but to know that i have 90 flippin days feels amazing. every day i wake up sober is a good day, but not gonna lie, today feels extra special. i am going to a meeting this morning to hear some speakers...then i may treat myself to watching the playoff game. i love the patriots...however, since getting sober, i haven't been able to watch...simply because i associated football with drinking. hell, i associated everything with drinking, but come on, it's football.  so today, i'd like to watch my patriots kick the jets ass and maybe i'll be crazy and drink a soda! 
thanks to my higher power for keeping me propelled forward, feeling the feelings and not taking that first drink. thanks to my loving friends and family that support me unconditionally and accept who i am and are understanding of this lifestyle change. thanks to AA for giving me a place to go, to just be, to meet others who know what my shoes feel like and who teach me something every time i walk into those halls (i wouldn't mind if the church basements had heat, but at least i have a coat!)!!!....i am so very grateful i could jump out of my skin with elation then run around in the snow. I AM SOBER!!!

1 comment:

  1. WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! NINETY DAYS MY LOVE!!!! KuuuuuuuuuDOS!! love you xo!

    ReplyDelete