Thursday, December 16, 2010

I'm golden

today i am proud, and i mean fucking PROUD that i am 60 days sober. i walked up with my head held high today and received my gold chip/coin.  60 days!!! i can't believe it. for all the tears i've shed, for all the highs and lows, it has been worth every single second of it, because i have 60 days. don't get me wrong, EVERY DAY i don't drink is worth it, but the cumulative number gives me something to look forward too...kinda like having a baby...you're happy you're pregnant, but it's the day the baby is born that counts and each year after. so today i tell you that i have 60 days of life under my belt and i deserve it and i am worth it. wow....now off to see my therapist for the first time and let her in on the fact i am an alcoholic....i sure hope it's cathartic and not depressing! even so, i will hold my chip in my hand and feel good about myself.
one day at a time...and today i will not drink!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment