Sunday, December 26, 2010

random act of kindness

christmas has come and gone; and i survived. 
christmas eve was lovely and i was able to host it in my home.  yesterday morning was glorious to wake up, hangover free, and enjoy all the sights and sounds of the kids with their gifts. later in the day we went to my in-laws for dinner, which was really wonderful.  i did go to a meeting at noon just to have a little extra support.  i left a bit early from the in-laws, not because things were bad, but i was just exhausted.  even though there was alcohol there, i did pretty well, but towards the end i started really eyeballing it all and getting a bit pitty party on myself because i couldn't have any.  it was by no means a drunk fest, but a glass or two would have been nice if i wasn't an alcoholic.  but i left early (had plan b) and drove home listening to music and got a bit emotional.  in general, life is overwhelming right now. not necessarily in a bad way at all, but again, i never know how i will feel.  i was missing my mom, i was just feeling alone in general.  after being home for a while, i got into my pjs listened to some music and got everything ready so that when the husband and kids got home we could put them straight to bed.  when my husband got home, he asked if i had checked the mail friday and i said no, i had forgotten. so he went to get the mail, and i had been teary talking to him, and he said 'you need to open this right now' and handed me a package.  the return address said: From: A Card Carrying Member Of The D***** Fan Club; Wishing Her Joy and Peace This Christmas...addressed to: The Fabulous D****..immediately, i start crying. who would take the time and send me something and on top of it address it in such a loving and supportive way? so i opened it up and inside delicately wrapped w/ a note that said 'this should get you through the next few days' was a magnet that said:

She stood, knee deep in tears, afraid that the delicate balance of the universe could never be restored. You are one person, but you are not alone said the universe. The world is held in place by the love and compassion within us all.

my crying at that point was cathartic. it was like that was written just for me. my insides were burning with love and appreciation. i really have never had someone do something so random, so kind or thoughtful before. my first thought of who might have sent it was right....but i didn't know that till later.  and this person is an incredible woman herself.  there are no coincidences....we would have never met if either one of us hadn't gone through certain things and ended up at the right place at the right time so to speak.  and here we are two years later with a very special bond and friendship. although we don't see each other too often, i went through something with her and now she is here for me. that my friends is the beauty of a real friendship; it doesn't end, it is reciprocal and circular.  so i thank this person so very much for being my cheerleader, for knowing me pretty damn well and being so selfless. your act of kindness will never be forgotten! xoxoxoox

No comments:

Post a Comment